No-Knead Potato Bread Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Combine all the dry ingredients (white flour, yeast, salt, potato flakes) in the large bowl (3 quart or larger) and stir with a mixing spoon for about 15 seconds or more.
- Add water to the dry ingredients and stir for about 3 minutes until the flour is mostly stuck to the dough. Cover the top of the bowl loosely with plastic wrap.
- Let sit on counter top for about 12 to 18 hours (I usually do this for about 13 hours), the dough will look all bubbly on the top.
- Stretch and fold several times. Let rest for 20 min.
- The first rise is at room temperature (78 degrees) for 6+ hours (up to 13 hours)
- The second rise is in a covered Banneton (proofing basket) until doubled in size (1-2 hours)
- Bake in a covered BreadPot preheated to 460 degrees for 30 min.
- Remove cover and check the brownness and temperature (205-208 degrees indicates it's done) 5-10 min. range.
- Let cool completely on rack.