Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More beautiful bread



What I like is the beauty of the rounded loaf - no matter what I dump into the hot pot, it comes out reliably adorable. I find the wetter doughs make a higher loaf and I like that better. I am liking the size a lot (compared to my original posts wondering if the pot was too small.) I made yet another bread with the original rye recipe and it was good. I baked it in a pot/oven heated to 500 degrees for 1/2 hour and then, when I took off the lid for 10 -15 minutes, I lowered the heat to 450. I don't think I am going to post any more breads with pictures after this because they are so reliable.
I love my little bread baker.
-Joan

2 comments:

  1. I did the classic this week too, with about a cup of mixed seeds(golden flax, wheatberries, and sesame) thrown in and a little extra water and yeast to keep it all up. Matt spontaneously expressed his pleasure in this particular loaf, saying it was one of his favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, Mom, you're reliably adorable.

    ReplyDelete